Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Setting Example

I'm sick, so I'm going to fudge a little today. As you all know if you've read my blog lately, I started a new dark parnormal female noir series. I've posted some of it here. Everything I post is usually raw or early drafts so it doesn't mess up later publication and so my family and friends can get a taste of the process.

The Gal Friday Noir series is important to me. It was thought up during a dark time in my emotional life. And it's getting me through these few weeks between my brother's birthday and the 2nd anniversary of his death. I now have critique partner helping with it. But before I found my partner of awesomesauce, I turned in bits of my story for public critiquing. Where? To my favorite grammar blog, of course.

I've since experienced other difficulties most of which has at least gotten a mention on my blog making this story, my writing even more important to me. I'm editing and writing new. Struggling with this illness, but seeing a doctor today should help. Then I can get back to writing thousands of words a day instead of hundreds.

Please go read the critique here: http://edittorrent.blogspot.com/2011/02/your-setting-examples-4.html And while you're at it, go read anything else that may look interesting or helpful to you. These two ladies are full of awesome, fairness, and are two wonderful editors. (Seriously, I've expounded on their wonderfulness on this blog before.) You still here? You haven't gone to their site? Be gone! Then come back and comment ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment