Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March's Featured Writers

A day late but hopefully not a dollar short, we have March's Featured authors. A little update on last month's featured authors. Kait Nolan has received an agent offer of representation based on her platform. From an agent who hasn't asked her to take her books off the market--quite the opposite in fact :) I don't think it's because I featured her here, although one never knows, but it is because of the principle of the thing.

Not all the authors I featured last month were self-pubbed. That's not the criteria. The criteria is epubbed, which doesn't exclude print publications. What happened in Kait's situation can be found on her blog, but basically the agent loved how hard she's working to build her own platform. :) Congratulations Kait!!!

Today's post is brought to you by the letters, G, and K.

For this month, my first up is LK Gardner-Griffie. I "met" her on twitter through the zombie awesomeness I'm involved in. Let me tell you something, this lady is a whiz and a half. We laughingly-scarily call her The Oracle. Yeah. It's almost not a joke :) She's helpful, and kind. She unfailiningly supports all writers that she sees needs a boost. And volunteers lots of her time to The Zombie Survival Crew, which will be a post for another day :) Her provided bio is after her book links.

Her books are wonderful. I'm ordering mine on Friday :) They're for Middle Grade, if I'm not mistaken. I asked her once about 2 months ago for my 9 yo old who reads above his level. I believe her answer was 10-12 yo level, but she can correct me in the comments if I'm a dunce. I plan to order both in the next weeks for my son's birthday.

Blog: http://www.griffieworld.com


Misfit McCabe - Book 1, Misfit McCabe Series

When Katie McCabe accidentally burns down a neighbor’s shed, she thinks it’s the worst thing that could happen. Boy is she ever wrong. Hustled off to live with her Uncle Charley, Katie struggles with the changes in her life. The only bright spot is making a friend who wants to be more. But the first person she meets is an enemy with ties to her past who believes in dangerous retribution. How far is he willing to go? Katie wonders if she has the strength to survive.

Links:

Kindle version: http://www.amazon.com/Misfit-McCabe-ebook/dp/B000ZVS7WC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1298793994&sr=8-2
Smashwords version: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1087 (9 different ebook formats)

Nowhere Feels Like Home - Book 2, Misfit McCabe Series

Stuck in bed with a broken ankle and reeling from the loss of her father, her home, and life as she knew it, Katie McCabe must deal with her anger toward the town bully and a world that's fallen apart. Being cooped up in the house with Uncle Charley and three overprotective cousins isn't helping. Despite her new family's good intentions, Katie feels like a lonely outsider. Will she ever be happy again?

Links:

Kindle version: http://www.amazon.com/Nowhere-Feels-Misfit-McCabe-ebook/dp/B0030ILXT6/ref=pd_sim_kinc_3?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
Smashwords version: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/6913 (9 different ebook formats)


Bio:

Daughter to a rocket scientist and an artist, LK combines the traits of both into a quirky yet pragmatic writer. She began to foster her love of writing after reading Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women and discovering she had a great deal in common with the character Jo. The making up of stories, dramatic feelings, and a quick temper were enough for her to know she and Jo would have been kindred spirits. Her love of writing has grown over the years, along with the list of projects she plans to tackle.

In addition to writing, LK holds down a full-time job with an international transportation company as a process and efficiency expert. Her leisure time is spent with her husband sharing a love of music, singing, and college baseball. She writes into the night with the help of her three long-haired miniature dachshunds.




My next guest is Kimberly Kinrade. We met on twitter where I got to be in on the beginning of her love affair with the man who now lives with her. The story is beautiful. I've cried over some of her blog posts and his responses. She's a lot of fun. She's moved from California to Washington and that news came at a dark period in recent times. I smiled and grinned and danced. She's only a few hours away!!

Okay, I'm doing the dance again lol. I'm so excited she lives close. I'll be visiting her when the passes aren't a zone of trickery and death for my little car. Oh and if the tranny doesn't start working better (I don't think it's lack of fluids here, 3rd seems to have gone out) then I will be borrowing a car, I'm that excited to have her around.

If you want your faith restored in the power and magic of love, get this book and read her blog, and the one they started together.


Bits of You & Pieces of Me

A collection of short stories, poetry & essays on life. While each piece stands alone, together the chapters tell the story of an idealistic girl in love with love who discovers the demons of a splintered heart when that love turns violent. Through it all, she climbs her way back to Hope and finds that in the end her True Heart remained Unbreakable.

Links

Author of "Bits of You & Pieces of Me"
“She has learned to love. To fear. To hate. And then to love again. Through it all, she writes.”

Buy "Bits of You & Pieces of Me" on Amazon

smashsowrds: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47531


AUTHOR BIO: Kimberly Kinrade has been doing the writing thing professionally since she was 18, but managed to sell stories to unsuspecting neighbors when she was 10 and ran out of teeth to use as trade for Tooth Fairy money. (A girl has to fund her life somehow.) She’s a young adult fantasy author in search of the best publishing options for her future work. Author of “Bits of You & Pieces of Me”



http://KimberlyKinrade.com ~ Author, Editor, all around Awesome

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for making me a featured author. I truly appreciate it.

    As far as classification and age group for readers. Misfit McCabe is on the younger edge of Young Adult or the older side of Middle Grade and is suitable for 10-12 year olds, or the advanced reading 9-year-old. Nowhere Feels Like Home due to some of the subject matter would be better suited for 11 on up, and as always, I do recommend parental involvement in the reading so you can discuss any questions that might crop up.

    And yes, I've been told I'm scary too many times to ignore. ;)

    Next time I get up to the great state of Washington, I'll have to drop by & see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so grateful to be featured on your beautiful site! Also LOVE that I'm sharing this with my amazing friend LK, who I so enjoyed meeting at the epic New Year's Eve party of 2010 (Or is it 2011 if it's going INTO 2011? I never get this right.)

    I can't wait to meet you as well, now that we are practically neighbors! YAY! And in exciting news, my book is now up on Barnes & Noble! woohoo!!!

    So happy also to hear about Kait's success. She deserves it and inspires us all with her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you two are awesome :) But then, most of my readership knows that!

    As an update to this, I added the link to smashwords for Kimberly's wonderful book in the body there for y'all. And for those who take the time to read these comments, there is a coupon for you. It's good until the end of March.

    The code is:VV85S it gives you five dollars off making the book only $3.99!! My understanding is this coupon is for buying through smashwords only :)

    Thanks for supporting these authors! Please spread the word and link here to help our authors!

    ReplyDelete