Tuesday, July 27, 2010

update for July almost over

How is everyone doing on their writing journey? It's been fantastic for me. Regardless of good days and bad days, the goal of 3k a day has kept my mind on my writing. I don't know if I will get all my hand changes and writing down in the computer in time to figure out if I made my 3k a day goal by end of month, but it was close. I finished one story and fixed a two chapter problem that has been an issue for a year (since the last one of these!) and I got a good start on my new story. Not bad for a month's work.

Oh, and let's not forget the synopsis. If I didn't quite make the 3k a day, that is where I'm laying my blame. It took me a WEEK to get it good enough to send. UGH. And, since my mind was agonizing on that dang synopsis, the creativity flow when phbbbbtt. Immediately. Same thing happens when I write queries. How do you all do writing queries or synopsis, or have you been through that tortuous step in your writing career yet?

I hope your summer has been fabulous. Mine has been the best in years. I've written, canned, camped, I'm in a play, and I've really enjoyed some meaningful time with my kids.

What have you done this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment