Friday, January 6, 2012

First week of the new year

It's been a crazy week to start off the new year. We've been to Seattle, Isaac checked out as doing wonderful, we're doing a wonderful job and we need to buy copious amounts of sunscreen because even when it's "just bright out" he needs sunscreen to help keep from scarring. We do have to go back in two weeks.

For last week and a half, our water situation has been a pisser. It's on between 2-5 hours a day. Will go off with no warning. It's very frustrating. Doing laundry for family of five is nearly impossible on that, especially since there's no notice that the water's on. So, when we got back from Seattle, we just stayed at our inlaws until last night.

On top of all of this, I started another short based on Rebellion on Piza seven as the world and it's stuff will fit in for another site. I've also added word count to a novel for Splintered Lands. Had to erase a bunch cuz I killed off a character that can't show up in later chapters now. I've also finished my "pre-edits" for Ulfric's Mate and sent them off. Filed out the cover art form for same MS, and sent it to the art director. All in the last week and a half. There's more, but, yanno, I can't remember everything LOL

We ordered internet today, so starting on Tuesday, we should have consistent internet. I'm so excited! The boys can do more of their school work online, I can get better teaching aides, writing research etc. Plus, my boys are excited about xbox live LMAO goofy kids. :D

Anyways, things are looking up, but if ya want to buy a painting from me, now would be a good time as we're really not set up for three trips to Seattle in less than a month. :) Thanks to work for an anthology, I'm not going to freak about the money any more, but would like to have more than just enough for gas and a pop :P But if not, I'm happy that we were able to go at all.

How exciting has your new year been? I hope things are going well for you all :D I'm looking forward to a MUCH better year than the last!

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog but I had to go back and find out what happened when you referred to a burn. It's every mother's worst nightmare to see their child suffer- so glad to hear that he's going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It is heartbreaking! It's worst because I'd *just* put him out of the kitchen and didn't hear him come behind me. It was literally probably <30 sec from when I put him out to him getting burned! Thank you so much! I'm online again so will be posting regularly. ;-) He's doing better and back to eating red sauces again. He's more sensitive to hot now!

      Delete