Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I haven't finished the short story, but I found an angle to add that will make the story arc much more interesting :) If I don't get it into the magazine on time, I'll be sure to post it here.

I love working on shorts as it gives me a chance to finish a project without feeling like I've been ran over by a Mac truck. My biggest problem now is the kids. One threw up-not sure why. He's not sick. He does this when exposed to peanuts, but no nuts. Do sunflower seeds count?

I've been busy ever since baby woke up and now he's clingy with a capital C. My husband goes to days next week so I will be able to work on baby's sleeping skills for night time. He does not go to sleep if anybody is up. It's like he's afraid he'll miss something. UGH. Last week, Sun - Sat I got 15 hours of sleep. No joke. I'm being generous. I still have four kids at home, ages 23 mo to 17 yo. Needless to say my 17 yo schedule is not the same as the baby's. And it's completely different from the grad schoolers. Sigh. I will write. I've written 100 words already despite the last minute calls of being sick, baby pulling on my arms and grabbing for the keyboard.

Actually, looks like I made 200 words. Anyway, I'm still gearing up for NaNoWriMo. Mostly making plans at this point.

My MIL has asked me to be with her while she has surgery on her nose. She's worried. I'm worried. Her religion forbades the use of another's blood AND it's against the drawing of your own blood for future use. A little worrisome when one thinks of all the little vessels just waiting to be nicked. Keep our family in your thoughts as you go about your business tomorrow.

That's the update on the fam for now.

I'm thinking that I need to start sorting through my stories and post more excerpts here. What do you think? I like reading excerpts.

No comments:

Post a Comment