Thursday, August 14, 2014

Where My Art Roams, virtual walkabout


Hi :D

*grins tiredly* I am soooo tired. I have been moving! It came up fast and sudden. Thankfully, I had about 1/3 of our loose goods packed. Maybe a little less. I thought the rest of my art room would be a few hours. Yeah. No. Partly because my art room had everything in it. Makeup, books, tools, oddball stuff. Yeah. However, my family is super excited to be in the new place. I'm less sick there already, even with moving back and forth to old place and new one. I'm fighting the allergies with meds, and with washing down everything that comes in from old place. Course, this slows down the unpacking somewhat. But I know I'll be more than glad of it when I'm through.

 

In the meantime, I'm on this virtual walkabout tour with my art, which I'm calling, Where My Art Roams. Today's bit is North Carolina, in the United States J These were done as commissions from the costumer's photos. Here they are in their new habitat.

First, one of her cats J

 

 

Then a friend's pet, a black lab, I believe.

 


 

This customer also graciously allowed me to use her photo as a base for this one:
 

 


 

This is sold :)


If you want something commissioned, you can go to my Etsy shop for general pricing, or email me, or message me at the various places I'm available at :) I will give you an estimate for your painting based on difficulty and size (materials). Thank you for joining us!
 
Where My Art Roams is the first of what I hope to be many virtual walkabouts. I'm taking you on a tour of my paintings that I have given away and sold. From Australia to Washington, to Scotland, and places in between, I will show you the paintings in their new homes.
Next Stop is August 19th, and Robin will be hosting it.  You will find that a lot of my friends are writers :D And some of them are also artists, like myself!
 
And an Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LBushmanStudios
 
You can follow me on twitter: @L_Bushman
 
My blog where I share my writing journey and post some of my artwork is here: http://www.lbushman.blogspot.com/
 
Do you have a favorite artist? From past and present? I love the impressionists, notably, Monet, Renoir, and Van Gogh (I hated Van Gogh during art classes...learned to like him as I was exposed to more of his work J ), Georgia O'Keefe, a lot of Dutch artists, particularly Jan Van Eyck, and his painting, Arnofini Wedding. Modern day includes Russ Potak and Jennifer Beaudet. Okay, anyone who comments, can PM me on FB and get 50% off any artwork they'd like! Also, will provide an ACEO (2.5 x 3.5 inches) if I get 20 comments or more on today's blog. Open to USA, UK, and Canada J
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment