Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 16

I know. Where's 15. Lord knows. LOL The 15th was sunset day and I STILL HAVEN'T GOT A SUNSET even though I thought that day was like DAYS ago LOL Just to prove I have taken a picture of a sunset, which is kind of an entry ritual into becoming even an amateur photogropher, I'm posting an old one:


Ocean Shores, WA

 My husband and I went to Mercer Island for a work thing for me and we decided, hey, let's go to Ocean Shores...we arrived just about sunset. It was beautiful. I don't have all of the pics I took then posted here. A couple I don't plan on selling as prints, but may end up painting. We'll see. I offer one of the other one's for sale from my Etsy shop. Which reminds me, I'd better check if it's still listed. :/


A painting by me.

Well, today's assignment was a flower. So I took a pic of the first O'keefe inspired painting I ever did. :D We had just finished a section which included O'keefe in art class. That was when I made a big jump in my art skills. She speaks to me. Apparently it was noticeable, since my professor asked, "So, how long you been channeling Georgia?" LOL He'd taught me off and on over the years as I could afford the class. I'd like to take another class from him. Indepnedent Study. Le sigh.

Anyway, I love this style of painting. I'm not sure why, but I do. This was done with a pallette knife exclusively. My first for that as well. I'd used it in bits and pieces before this. But not exclusively. Tomorrow's assignment is easy--too easy. There's going to be too many choices and I'll end up freezing not sure what to choose.

I'm writing. *thunderous applause* yay!! got over my uncertainty, then lost my rhythm, but found my rythym again!! Yay!! so, between yardwork and backpain, I'll be plugging away and getting not only edits, but writing done!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :D I love finding my writing groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment