Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ever have one of those days?

I can't imagine you haven't. You know the type. First off, you have to get up at 4 am to go pick up husband. You find out that teenage son used up 15 of the 20 bucks of gas you put in car night before in prep for all the driving to be done. Then, when you get home, you try to go back to sleep cuz the 2-4 sleep was not what you'd call enough! but you can't. You talk to your husband, watch a little netflix, yada yada, and next thing you know, it's 8 oclock and all you've done is a little dozing.

Then, you get up late. The kids aren't doing what they are supposed to do if they wake up before you, ie eat and chores, even though you bought cream cheese strawberry pastries for breakfast. You get them moving and they cry and whine cuz you're making them eat! Really kids? Then nothing is where/how its supposed to be. you're redoing work you've already done. Every time you sit down to write, your children start fighting/screaming even though you just threatened to ship them to Zimbabwe if they do it again. You don't get a shower until 530 pm and while in the shower, the water drizzles to nothing. Then you find out the concentrate gallon of shampoo and conditioner you bought forever ago is actually two big bottles of conditioner?

You do to auditions and are on stage just as extra but get told to speak and you speak in an English accent, even though there's no reason for it? yeah, that one actually shocked the director LOL Good thing I've worked with her before!

Then you get home after 45 min driving and guess who's sleeping? Yep the two year old night maniac. Guess who's going to wake up in 15 min? So, yeah, one of those days for me...Okay, it was 2 minutes cuz I had to tell my other kids to shut up and go to sleep and he heard me... Sigh.

Worst part was not getting to write. All the extra discipline issues, travel time, etc translated into no writing for me. I did get to open up the file and guess what I found? A fragment sentence and the start of a new sentence as "The" and then white space. I kid you not...

I will try to write tonight... but since 2 yo is crying is flipping head off cuz he wasn't ready to wake up, I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'm going to think of my story and how to make it even more awesome than it already is. I will write in my mind. Writing. Better than Calgon any day!

What do you do when you have one of those days? How do you keep your chin up and writing goals in mind? To help me, I'm going to think about which snippet to use as an excerpt tomorrow. That will make me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment