Saturday, December 31, 2011

In with the New

I'm not ending this year's blog with the sad story of my youngest child's burn. Suffice it to say, it may be apro pos for how the rest of the year went, but you know what??



NEXT YEAR IS GOING TO ROCK!



I have my executed contract for Ulfric's Mate, already rolling on the promotion thing. Have finished over half the numbers on my "preedit" list from my editor. Will be going to Seatlle with son to burn unit, and I'm going to take advantage of my MILs navagation to go to a bookstore and get my Chicago Manual of Style so I can do the all important part~it's number one on the list LOL



I'm currently reading it out loud as instructed in my email from my awesome editor. It's SLOW GOING. Not exactly reading material for my kids lol Which reminds me, this is NOT for kids :D Someone asked me if it was good for their 13 yo. My answer was (and is) a definitive no. It's adult only. I'll be doing a huge post, probably with lots of CAPS like next week or the week after. In the mean time, here's some facts:



I'm being published (YAY!) by Breathless Press. It's a paranormal romance over 55k and rising as I'm finding stuff while reading it out loud LOL, it's my first time working with a professional editor, I'm nervous AND EXCITED, and it's due out this summer. More on that later :)



Thanks to all my writer friends, edittorent blog and its erstwhile editors, and my MIL and very specific friends who encouraged me. I did this one with very little outside opinion, only my CP got to weigh in. I did this rewrite with all the knowledge I'd learned and tried to stay true to my voice. I'm so very glad it worked. LOL



Have a good, safe, holiday, whether you celebrate or not. This year is going to be a good one. I feel it.




No comments:

Post a Comment