Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

Day 3 rocked for me. As I posted earlier, I finished my other assignment. I received news as to when my "guest blog" will be posting (Friday, I will post a link here :) and heard feedback on my Forever Nocturne story and artwork. I had a good writing day and it isn't over.

I pulled what I'd like to call reverse psychology on my characters and this story. The paranormal I've been trying to pin down for year? It's here and it rocks. Only thing is I wrote the last chapter before finishing the first chapter. Turned out to be the second to the last chapter. 5-6k words in a little over 24 hours (some last night, some this morning/afternoon) and I wrote the end. Now my characters know I'm not going to hurt them-much. And there is kissing involved. Maybe they'll get it together and tell me how they want to handle the rest of the first chapter?

See, I don't have the middle-slog problem a lot of writers seem to have. My problem is the beginning. I end up telling too much too soon. Or too much backstory that I then have to cut and add in by bits and pieces later. Nope, for me it is not the middle that perplexes me. It's how to keep the story interesting and give out the right amount of facts and backstory from the first.

I need to get back to it while I have the impetuous. So without further ado, here are my up -to-the-minute stats.

Starting count: 6112
Right this minute count: 8756
Chapters finished: 2 the LAST 2 lol.

If you haven't been following along, then you might not realize that I am well aware that my start numbers are NOT the same as my end numbers. I don't quit writing after I post. I write and write and write... you get the picture.

Oh, and in case you missed it, (or I didn't post this?) the working title for the book is Ghost of Kristen's Past :D I know I want to read it. Now, to get the words down on paper so that I can print, print, print.

PS My goal is to do a MINIMUM of 3k a day, 5 days a week. However, my long term goal is to have more than 70k written by the end of the month. This book has had many false starts and lots of research. The only thing stopping me has been this silly mental block because of a sillier outline. Now, muse, drink up and taste the Pepsi. It's time to roll out the words!

No comments:

Post a Comment