Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Sapphire Storm


Leona Bushman - Guest Post: Every author has their first book/story. What motivated you to create your first book?

 

Actually, my first book came out of nowhere. I was always motivated to put my thoughts down on paper, though. Even when I was a child, when I really wanted to get an emotion across I would turn to a journal and just start writing until my fingers fell off.

 

Inspiration, I believe, can hit you when you least expect it. And when I was thirteen-years-old, I lost one of the most important people in the world to me; my grandfather, Joseph Carrier. This man was the person who literally made life fun. He knew every story; he knew all about history; he knew facts about locations around the world and the back-stories behind each one—he was a walking library of humor and information.

 

When he left this earth it was difficult for me, and I turned to two young characters that had a way to actually ‘see’ him when I couldn’t. I wrote all about this duo as I grew up, and they eventually became the characters in my YA series, ‘The Angel Chronicles.’ That series went exceedingly well, even though there was a part of me that believed it was nothing more than a thirteen-year-old who was still rambling. (LOL) Thankfully, education, learning, and spreading my own wings to meet my own adventures head-on as I grew up, helped me become a better writer. And I was lucky enough to begin in the editorial realm when I was just nineteen, working my way up to Editor-in-Chief.

 

I love the ability to mix historical fact with fiction. My mother, being a career librarian, always taught me that research into the past was a great deal of fun, and I haven’t stopped since. This is a skill that really comes in handy where the ‘Tallent & Lowery’ series is concerned. The oddest things will motivate me to build a new puzzle/adventure for this duo. And these things can come from something as simple as a fact brought up during a very mundane conversation. (You never know where that golden nugget will come from for your next book).

 

So, in essence, my grandfather was the original motivation to begin writing, but the motivation to continue really has come from readers, my mother, my incredible daughter, and that girl inside me who cannot stop putting her emotions on paper. God willing, she’ll never have to.

 

Until Next Time, Everybody,

Happy Holidays!

Amy Lignor

 

Purchase Links for the print & digital versions of Tallent & Lowery:

Amazon:


 



Barnes & Noble:


Smashwords:


Goodreads:


Author Links:




Twitter: @HelloWritersAmy



 

Thank you so much for having me on today! Happy Holidays to both you and your fans!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment