Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Must.Write.This.

I made a remark to an author/editor friend via DM. We were discussing the various projects I need to get finished yesterday. She mentioned hers, then I said,
"yep. And I need to write the one for you as well. Had a dream. may do something different than I'd originally intended."

Her response was to laugh and say that was a such a writerly thing to say :) Then I explained how I'd had a dream three nights in a row set in this very cool, very interesting world and I think I'd better write it and her response was a very enthusiastic yes. She knows.

Sometimes, you have to write things because you have to. I may not actually be able to use this story for any of the regular projects I have going on at the moment. I "may" be able to use the world as a basis for the short for the aforementioned editor's project, but, then again, maybe not.

I love when I "have" to write about a character, or world. Those stories end up being the best and most vivid. In this kind of case, it's more than a new shiny, or some idea, it's a I better write this or shrivel up and die. That's how it feels.

Now, I must toddle off, and write. Oh, nearly forgot to tell you, sent off line items for my full out erotica (this is NOT a HEA, just a lot of hot, hot, hottest sex going on between some sexy people who want each other) and am nearly finished with the short for The War of the Weres Series :) And I think I worked out the next step in Search for Sorren. Yes, it's going to take me a bit to go through each step on this. I can't just poof it out. Sigh. Too bad cuz I'd like to get it off my plate and out to a beta so I could get it to whom I need to get it to.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog, it's great that you are finally have some success as a writer I love always reading your blogs

    ReplyDelete