Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Too close to a Nuclear Meltdown aka Chocolate Saves the Day

Today has been a day seriously lacking in productivity. Didn't even get my run in yet. Haven't felt too well, and the kids are having one of those days where they're loud, obnoxious, and doing anything and everything to get out of school/chores. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Course, I should have known it would be a looong day. I got my phone back yesterday. It was in the inlaws couch. And it has yet to work properly. It was getting tempremental already, but this is ridiculous. It continued to not work this am, my tablet died in the middle of the night, but it had had a full charge, AND my internet quit working in the night and didn't start working until after 930. That, is how my day started. Some days, it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Yesterday, I'd had a bunch of work done by this point and was researching stuff. I had like what? 800 words written as well as having done some cleaning/schooling things AND a run.

Today? I did get a painting mailed off... and 2 pages edited on Search for Sorren (which is now at 57,586 words, yay! Anything past the 52-55k mark makes me happy since I've been stuck there forever.), and about 200 words written on one as yet untitled, which puts me at 2443 with most of the notes deleted (yay!), and emailed back ups of my current WIPs to myself. I wrote back to two questions from my editor. followed most of the peeps on #tweet4authors. Unfollowed people who aren't following me back, especially if I remember they followed me first. Ticks me off, it does.

I also wrote a character reference and retyped a cover letter for my ex husband. Aren't I nice? LOL anyways, feeling rather crabby today. I can't wait until I get a new phone. Then if my internet is out, I won't freak out so badly. I can handle not having a phone, or internet, but not both. Especially less than a month from publication!! My heart went into over panic mode and my brain froze and my body said, screw you. It was not a happy moment. As the title says, came very close to a nuclear meltdown. This am was preceded by last nights episode w/ the xbox. That thing is possessed. It downloads things even when you don't want it to, and it froze up my internet last night. When I was trying to learn how to make a google doc and also update the doc I needed to put into google doc. Yep. Meltdown in 3,2, and it's averted once again. We may thank chocolate and pepsi and clay for that. (kids and I played with clay last night ;)

At least, my internet is working again. I'm off now, to do more marketing and writing.

And a BIG thanks to those who are doing interviews/reviews of my book, The Ulfric's Mate! You rock! Anyone else who would like to do an interview, review, or otherwise help market my book, just hit me with your ideas! I'm open to suggestions. I don't have any money, and my publisher is doing some, but I want to do more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment